Sunday, July 26, 2009

Eighty Year Mum

Happy Birthday to a fine lady of the Lord. May we pay tribute with a poem we found that seems to reflect what we like to say. (source: Crystal Bowman, Meditations for Moms, p 56)

"What do you want for your birthday?" My children asked one day.
I did't have to stop and think, I answered right away.

"I'd like a house that's nice and clean, and children that love each other.
I'd like the laundry to wash itself without the help of a mother.

"I'd like the meals to be easy to make and always tast delicious.
And after our elegant dinner is through, a little help with the dishes.

"I'd like to soak in a bubble bath and never answer the phone.
I'd like to listen to Mozart and have an evening alone.

"But if it isn't possible to give me all of this,
Just tell me that you love me, and give me a birthday kiss."

Love you Mum. XX 40 and 40 again.

No comments: